Professionals in the creative industry and their industry chain often deal with extensive data in tasks like research, timeline management, and cost calculations. This data can include text, numbers, images, and icons, making it extremely complex and difficult to organize in a traditional table.
Fabrie’s vision for the workflow of the future aims to deliver an uninterrupted and smooth “flow” for designers. To achieve that, Fabrie has integrated database tools right into its whiteboard, making complex data integration a breeze for all collaborators. Furthermore, as an AI-native digital whiteboard, Fabrie actively employs the latest innovations in AI to the database, transforming old practices to create a modern design workflow. Check out some cool features of Fabrie to level up your data management game:
Use Fabrie Write to generate tables for your research
Spend less time searching multiple sources! With ChatGPT’s help, enter a one-sentence prompt to quickly generate a table filled with relevant data. Input your criteria in the “AI generate” textbox within the Database menu to see the results! The more details you include in your prompt, the more precise entries you’ll get in your database. For entries that cannot be generated, you can then manually key in data to complete the table. Here are some prompt examples:
- A table showing design features of popular smartphones currently in the market, comprising details such as brand, form factor (slate, flip, foldable etc.), available colors, screen size, and retail price.
- A table of top coffee machine brands in terms of popularity with country of origin, the year it was established, design style, approximate price for their top end models and website link to the top-end product in the columns.
Link data between your canvas and your table with synced records.
Stay organized with Fabrie by creating associations between objects on the canvas and your table data. Picture an interior designer with a floor plan of an apartment on the canvas and a list of furniture in table format, and this designer’s need to indicate the placement of the furniture. With a simple drag and drop, the designer can place the furniture data entry from the list onto the canvas to show where it belongs with this synced record. With this done, you can now also click on the synced record on the canvas to see specific information about it that was previously only available on the table, so there’s no need to scroll through the database to find the information. Now the designer and his stakeholders can:
- Click on a lamp’s data entry in the table to see if it is placed in the living room or home office.
- Check the floor plan to see what other pieces of furniture are in the living room and get more information from the furniture list.
- Select synced record on the canvas and hit the spacebar to see the purchasing information, quantity, style, etc. for that piece of furniture without having to dig through the table.
- Use the table to determine the cost of components used, giving users the ability to accurately manage procurement expenses.
If we look at fashion design, another application could include:
- Using Fabrie’s database to collaborate seamlessly with patternmakers. By adding information about the fabric material, and other precise details into the table, you will be able to ensure a frictionless workflow with the patternmaker
In addition, comments made by different users in the database can be tied to specific parts of the design. This will greatly streamline reviews for everyone working on, and commenting on the design.
There are many different ways to streamline your workflow and organize your data with this feature. Explore away!
Create gallery view in database for easy viewing and editing.
Another way to easily visualize the data in your table is to create a gallery view tab. Simply click on the “+” button and you can create a gallery within the database. Edit records directly, and changes sync back to the table. You can also filter, sort, and group entries in both gallery and table views.
Create presentable cards on your canvas using the data from your table.
Quit looking at rows and rows of boring data entries. Simply drag data entries from the table onto the canvas to create stylish, readable cards. Choose from number, image, text card, and gallery card options to suit your needs. You can also easily adjust data displayed based on your table’s columns. The best part is that by creating these cards, you’re also generating synced records between your canvas and table, which brings us to the next point.
Make file attachments useful, not die in folders
Gone are the days when files get lost in complicated folder trees. In Fabrie, files live in tables, with clear links to your whiteboard. These attachments are managed neatly in the workspace, and stay visible with details clearly displayed, making them truly useful for collaborators.
Create project status charts for efficient team management.
Stay on top of deadlines with Fabrie’s synced records! Team leads and project managers can track project statuses, resource allocation, deadlines, and priorities at a glance. You can use the “Simple Kanban” template or customize your project tracker using canvas space and tables.